Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Salma Hayek Considered Herself "Deformed"

In a recent interview with Britain's Easy Living magazine, Salma Hayek has revealed that she was told that she'd never make it in Hollywood because her height was a deformity.

As a teen, Hayek believed she had to be tall, blonde and blue-eyed to achieve success in Hollywood.

"I had my struggles. I am 5ft 2in and in Mexico where I am from, it was very important to be tall... I grew up in a world where beauty was not only tall, it was white and blonde with blue eyes. And I'm dark, have brown eyes and brown hair and I'm short... People used to say that the short thing was a deformity. I was really upset about my height and then one day I said, 'Who decided that it's better to be tall? Am I less healthy? Am I less capable?' "

Hayek, now 40 years old, is a household name AND the spokeswoman for Revlon and Avon cosmetics.

No comments: