Friday, April 13, 2007

Gwen Stefani Dieting Since 6th Grade


Gwen Stefani tells Harper's Bazaar (May issue): "I've always been on a diet, ever since I was in the sixth grade. It's an ongoing battle and it's a nightmare. But I like clothes too much, and I always wanted to wear the outfits I would make.... And I'm very vain." Gwen added, "I hate talking about it, but it's true."

On nursing her way back to skinniness, Gwen said "It's so much work afterward to get the weight off," she says. "If you just do it, it comes off. And when you're nursing, like I am, your metabolism is like whoosh!"

Gwen says she eats "all the healthy stuff" most of the time, "but I let myself cheat once or twice a day with a cookie or pizza."

She admits, "If you had paparazzi outside your house, you'd make sure you looked good, too."

Although she sounds somewhat obsessed, vain and insecure about her body, I do appreciate how honest she's being.

No comments: