Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Mandy Moore Told To Lose Weight

In the May issue of Elle, Mandy Moore discusses her body image:

"Sometimes I feel fine. Sometimes I don't feel so great. I'm a regular person. I'm not that thin," says Moore. "I'm OK with representing a different type than the Hollywood beauty ideal. But other people aren't so OK with that. I've been told that I have to lose weight for stuff before."
Moore laments, "It's mortifying. It's hard to have someone come up and go, 'You should lose a few pounds.' And they don't say it delicately ... It's only happened to me once before. But once is enough to make you feel awful."
Moore is talking about her role in the forthcoming romantic comedy "License to Wed" - according to Elle, a studio suit saw Moore in "American Dreamz" and decided he wanted to see a whole lot less of her when filming began.
"All I can tell you," director Ken Kwapis acknowledges to Elle, "is that I've never been on any production where some executive didn't say, 'Can't that actress lose weight?'"

No comments: