Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beckinsale Regrets Anorexia Admission/Wishes She Were Bustier Like Latifah


Kate Beckinsale regrets revealing her teenage eating disorder to the media because she is always asked about anorexia in interviews.

She says that her daughter has no clue about her teenage anorexia and that she feels "violated" every time it comes up in an interview.

Kate tells Glamour magazine, "The only reason I ever brought it up in the first place is because I was young, I read a lot of misinformation about eating disorders.
"But, because I picked the wrong magazine to tell my story to, I wished I'd never said anything. It was totally sensationalised and that's been a real drag. I felt terribly violated."
Kate doesn't think her daughter will become anorexic because she has a happier home life than Kate did.

"I believe anorexia, alcoholism and drug abuse in teens are more about what is happening in the home than a problem with images in the media. It's the nice girl's way of becoming a crack whore.
"It means they're in some kind of pain that needs to be addressed."



If only it were that simple Kate.
UPDATE Apri l 11: Beckinsale's Bust Blues

In the same interview with Glamour magazine, Kate said she wishes she were bustier like Queen Latifah.
"[I'd like to be] someone with gigantic real breasts, like Queen Latifah," Kate reveals. "I'm so fascinated by breasts because my mother didn't have them either. If I had them, I'd run up and down a flight of stairs."

No comments: